- How to schedule an audio or video conference
- Create an ad hoc video conference
- Schedule an audio conference from the Android or iOS app
- Elevate a current call to a conference/ad hoc audio conference
- Your personalized Click2Meet URL
- Advanced video conferencing features
3CX includes a powerful video conferencing feature that allows for effective, face to face communication and collaboration with colleagues and customers no matter where they are. With 3CX, your invitees can seamlessly join meetings with absolutely no login or sign up. All they need is your meeting link, Chrome or Firefox to join in-browser, or one of the free apps for Android or iOS.
How to schedule an audio or video conference
By default, the WebMeeting profile is selected. If you would like to create a webinar, read our Advanced Web Conferencing guide.
Creating a new audio or video conference is simple and takes just seconds. To get started, go to “Schedule Conference/Conference” in the web client or app then:
- Fill in the conference details.
- In the drop-down “Select Email / Calendar to add to”, select “Google”, “Microsoft 365”, “Outlook Online” or “Desktop Outlook (.ics)”.
- Click “Create Meeting” or “Schedule” and a new tab will open in which you can create the calendar event for your meeting and invite participants.
- If you are using desktop Outlook, an .ics file will download. Open the file and a pre-filled calendar entry will open on your desktop.
- Click “Invite Attendees” to add your participants.
- Click “Save” or “Send” to schedule your meeting and invite participants.
Please note: selecting “Email (Legacy, NO RSVP)” will send a bare bones email invitation in which the RSVP function does not work. For this reason, we highly recommend you choose one of the other options – Google, Microsoft 365, Outlook online or desktop.
Create an ad hoc video conference
In the “Schedule Conference” feature of the web client, you can select “Now”, or “Start Now” in the Windows app, and follow the steps above to create an instant meeting. Alternatively, you can enter the meeting room and follow these steps to add participants:
- Click on “WebMeeting” in the Web Client’s sidebar, or the “Start a WebMeeting Now” button in the Windows app. Then click “Join Now” to enter the meeting room.
- Click on the icon to copy the meeting link to share with colleagues and contacts via email or chat.
- Alternatively, click the “Invite People” button to invite participants directly by email.
- Participants can then open the meeting link to join you in the video conference.
Schedule an audio conference from the Android or iOS app
Quickly schedule audio conferences from the palm of your hand with the Android and iOS apps. To create a new conference:
- Tap on the menu button in the top left corner.
- Select “Conference”then “New”.
- Add your Subject, Notes and choose a date and time to schedule your conference.
- Add participants by selecting existing contacts or enter their phone or email address.
- Tap “Done”.
You can manage your conferences from the “Conference” section in the app, or from the Web Client in “Schedule Conference”.
Elevate a current call to a conference/ad hoc audio conference
With the web client and browser extension, it’s easy to invite additional participants to an ongoing call.
To elevate a call to a conference:
- Click the “Conference”button in the dialer pop-up in the Web Client or in the browser extension.
- Search for who you want to add to the call by name or extension, or enter their phone number.
- Press enter and that’s it! They will be automatically dialed.
Your personalized Click2Meet URL
Click2Meet is a unique URL that you can share with customers, partners or colleagues, just like your office phone number, for an easy and free way to contact you. Your shareable Click2Meet URL can be found in your Welcome Email.
When someone requests a WebMeeting via your unique URL, you will be notified by email or chat. All you need to do is click on the URL sent to you to accept the request and enter the meeting.
Note: Your administrator must set the “Notify me” option for your extension or queue for Click2Meet meeting requests to be delivered.
Advanced video conferencing features
In the unusual event that your video is not working when joining a 3CX WebMeeting, please follow these steps:
- If the “Could not detect your Webcam” message is displayed, your video device is not connected or not working. Try reconnecting your webcam, or using a different device.
- Check if you can see your preview image at the bottom right of the screen. If a red camera icon appears beside your name in the Attendees list, this indicates that there is an issue with your webcam.
- Check if another application is using your webcam by closing all video-related applications, then join the meeting again. This is the most common reason for encountering video issues.
- Check if your browser is blocking the webcam:
- For Chrome check in “Settings > Advanced Settings > Site settings > Camera permissions…”.
- For Firefox check in “Preferences > Privacy & Security > Camera Settings…”.