The 3CX smartphone app for Android allows you to seamlessly take your office communications with you wherever you go. Access the company phonebook, make calls, send chat messages and more from the palm of your hand. There’s no need to use your personal mobile plan for business calls anymore.
Setting up your Extension
If you haven’t already, install the app from the Google Play Store.
- Allow 3CX to access the camera so you can provision your extension via QR code.
- Scan the QR from your Welcome Email and continue to make a test call to the “Echo service”so that you can grant the app the required permissions.
- Give authorization, make the call and you’re all set!
Placing a Call with the 3CX Android App
Making a call with the Android app is quick and easy. In “Contacts” search by name, number or email address, click the phone icon next to the contact and hey presto. You’re now using your office phone system from your smartphone.
Once you’re in a call, you can seamlessly perform a number of actions, including:
- “Transfer”will give you the option to “Blind Transfer” without the need for you to speak to the receiver, or “Attended Transfer” will transfer the call after you first speak to the receiver to see if they accept the call.
- “Conference”allows you to create an ad hoc conference call, adding more participants to join the conversation.
- “Rec”allows you to record your conversation.
- “Video”add video to your call for face to face communication.
How to Schedule a Conference Call
Create a conference call in seconds with the Android app. To schedule a new conference:
- Tap on the menu button in the top left corner.
- Select “Conference”then “New”.
- Add your Subject and Notes, then choose a date and time to schedule your conference.
- Add participants by selecting existing contacts or enter their phone or email address.
- Tap “Done”.
You can easily manage scheduled conferences from the “Conference” section in the app, or from the Web Client in “Schedule Conference”.
Create an Ad-hoc Conference
You can effortlessly add participants from the onscreen options during an ongoing call.
To elevate a call to a conference simply:
- Click the “Conference” button on the dialpad.
- Search for who you want to add to the call by name or extension, or enter their phone number.
- Tap to call. They will be automatically dialed and added to your call.
Set your Status and Avoid Distractions
Using the Status feature will let your colleagues know if it’s OK to call you, saving you from being distracted and them from wasting time.
Choose from Available, Away, Do Not Disturb, Lunch, Business Trip, and Set Status Temporarily.
You can further customize your status and call forwarding rules by entering the status profile menu.
Customize your 3CX App
Personalize your app experience to suit your preferences in the Advanced Settings, which offer a number of options including Car/Bluetooth Support, Silence Detection, Battery Optimization and Ringtone customization.
To access Settings, simply press the menu icon at the top. From here you can also:
- Add, edit and switch between accounts
- Choose your theme
- Configure audio options
- Request a new Welcome Email.